Having occasional Anxiety is a normal part of people’ lives nowadays, intense & persistent fear about everyday situations cause anxiety disorder i.e. panic disorder in people. In other words, anxiety disorder is a medical condition in which a person have repeated episodes of sudden feelings of intense worry & fear of everyday situations that reach a peak within minutes i.e. panic attacks. Anxiety disorders or panic attacks are difficult to control & if they last a long time then serious health issues can occur.
There are a variety of anxiety disorders like:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Social Anxiety Disorder or Social Phobia
- Specific Phobias such as acrophobia, agoraphobia, claustrophobia & much more
- Separation Anxiety Disorder
- Due to medical conditions
- Panic disorder
- Selective Mutism
Common anxiety symptoms include –
- Feeling nervous, tense or restless
- Increased heart rate
- Feeling weak or tired
- Sweating & trembling
- Experiencing gastrointestinal problems
- Sleep problems
- Breathing rapidly
Diagnosis or treatment:
Talk to your doctor when the symptoms of anxiety increases, or you’ve
- Trouble with alcohol or drug use
- Suicidal thoughts
- Fear or worry of everyday situations
Ativan 2mg is the most prescribed drug to treat anxiety or panic attacks, it is a lorazepam drug that belongs to benzodiazepines. It affects the brain chemicals that mat be unbalanced in people with anxiety disorder.
Here is some important information about Ativan 2mg:
Don’t take Ativan 2mg if you’ve –
- Narrow-angle glaucoma or myasthenia gravis
- Allergy from Ativan or similar medicines i.e. Valium, clonazepam, & others
- Pregnancy or planning to become pregnant
- A history of alcohol or drug addiction
- A history of narcotic (opioid) medication
- Asthma or other breathing problems
- Seizures or epilepsy
- Kidney or liver diseases
Ativan is not approved to children or anyone younger 18 years old.
Never share this medicine with anyone, as it may be habit forming.
There are some common side-effects of Ativan, call your doctor if you’ve –
- Vision changes
- Feeling unsteady
- Memory problems
Take Ativan 2mg as prescribed or read the prescription label or leaflet instructions carefully before taking this medicine.